Toyota - Rotted Frame on Recall

I purchased the best truck I could ever wish for, 2001 Toyota Tacoma; it’s an xtra cab with TRD with the SR5.Today at 113500 miles it still looks and runs showroom new.

But it has the rust on the frame and bad too. Toyota refuses to help in any way. In 2012 the frame was perfect, now it is almost eaten through. I love this truck but it is unsafe to drive and I am very displeased with how they are handling the situation.

I opt to go with Toyota compared to Chevrolet because Toyota had a wonderful reputation on reliable vehicles and I was sold on that. When the recall was sent out, I was living in Virginia and battling cancer so I missed the recall. I believe Toyota should warrant their product or close down their plants if they won’t honor the issues at hand.

I want a new frame or at least another truck with my engine and transmission, my baby is gorgeous.I am now on a fixed income with blood clots in my lungs due to the cancer I need my truck.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 19 No 19
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 15, 2013 #717407

To all the people that say toyota won't repair a 12 yr old truck. Fu. Morons. They had a major defect on frames built by Dana and then turn around and pay toyota 25M in a settlement. The consumer buys this product unknowingly of the defective steel and then gets stuck down the road with problems from defective raw materials in steel and all you morons can say is "sorry dude toyota won't fix a 12 year old truck". Well, I have one too along with thousands of others. I intend to get mine fixed by toyota and will fight to the fullest extent of the law

0 0 Reply

Mar 19, 2013 #625223

This more common than you think. Nissan Altimas from 10 years ago are prone to the same problem.

As the previous poser said, there's no way Toyota is going to do anything about repairing a 12 yer old car.

0 0 Reply

Mar 18, 2013 #624936 Merritt Island, Florida

Sorry about your luck but no way is Toyota going to replace a 12 year old truck frame. If your truck is that nice go to a salvage yard buy a frame and re frame your truck. Good luck.

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Toyota. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Toyota.
Filing a new complaint about