Howard C Gjw

Poor Customer Service

Since 02/23/24, I have sent emails to Toyota Customer Service. I have used two email addresses: contact@***.com and info@***.com. Since my initial email to Toyota, I have tried 6 times to check on the status of my emails and have never heard from them.
Pros:
  • Toyota vehicles are fantastic
Cons:
  • Emailing toyota customer is terrible

Preferred solution: I would like a response

User's recommendation: Poor customer service via emails to Toyota Customer Service

Anthony N Wzs

Verified Reviewer

Damaged wheel when replacing tires

This was the Toyota Chula Vista, California location.

On the 4th of April, I brought my 2021 Toyota Camry into your Service Department to have the 40,000-mile service and purchase 4 tires installed on the same day. On the 5th, I washed my car and noticed damage to the wheels that was not previously present.

(I should have taken pictures before taking my car to you).

The damage was from when the technician removed all the weights on the wheels. I have black wheels, and you can see metal to metal scrapes where they removed the weights. There is also some damage where the lug nuts and hubcaps are. I have only ever had services/work done by Toyota, as I purchased the 75,000-mile service package.

There was also damage where the wheel meets the tire and appears to be a tool mark from when they removed the old tire. This was my first time buying new tires from Toyota, and I was completely dissatisfied with the service. I have been coming to your location for the past 5 years and bought 2 Toyota Camry's from your dealership.

I reached out to my Service Advisor, Javier Aguirre, who was very professional and helpful and noted the damage to my vehicle. He said that his Service Director, Jose Naranjo, had to look at the damage and authorize repairs.

I was taken back to the service bay where my car was and met with Mr. Naranjo. He had me point out the damage and then explained that he could not accept responsibility as there was no way to know if the damage was from them or not. We then got into a back and forth, as I tried to point out that it was obvious the damage was done by them!

He then brought the technician that worked on my car over and started questioning him in front of me. The technician said that when they remove weights, they sometimes scratch/damage that area and buff it out. Since my wheels are black, they could not buff it out. The back and forth continued, and I told Mr.

Naranjo that it was completely unprofessional to question your technician in front of me and put him on the spot. It escalated the situation and made things extremely uncomfortable!

Mr. Naranjo then dismissed the technician, he told me he will run his business the way he wants to. He also stated that if he loses some business, it does not matter to him.

That was another inappropriate and unprofessional thing to say to a customer. He then said if you are trying to get new wheels, I am not going to do that, but I can get them cleaned up for you. I told him I do not want new wheels; I want my wheel in the same CONDITION they were in before you worked on it.

I then asked if I could speak to his supervisor, he said he did not have one. I said, no, do you have an overall manager for this Toyota.

He said he could give me the information to corporate. I looked up your Management Team when I got home and saw you have a General Manager, Steve Bear.

I am completely unsatisfied with how I was treated and how unprofessional Mr. Naranjo handled the situation.

Preferred solution: I just want my wheels in the original condition they were in before they damaged all 4 of them! There was no previous damage as I take care of my belongings.

User's recommendation: DO NOT get your wheels/tires done here, go to a shop where they know what they are doing and have great costumer service!

Talitha A Vhq

Wheel Design for Off Road Package on Tundra TRD

Toyota - Wheel Design for Off Road Package on Tundra TRD
Toyota - Wheel Design for Off Road Package on Tundra TRD - Image 2

I paid extra for an "off-road" package on my 2024 Toyota Tundra TRD. I live in the country on 8.5 mi of gravel county road in CO.

In the 1st 1500 miles on the truck, I had accumulated some mud on my truck so took it to a manual car wash, cleaning the tires as one might on a vehicle. After washing the truck, I noticed it began to shimmy at around 50mph. Thinking there may be a problem with the alignment and living 2 hours of mountain roads from the nearest toyota dealer, I took it to a local tire shop, who put the vehicle up on the rack and declared there was a design flaw in the wheels such that it collected mud on the inside wheel well, causing the shimmy. It could only be cleaned out by putting the vehicle on a rack and cleaning it really well.

I called the dealership where I bought the vehicle who said it sounded like a design flaw and I should take it to my nearest dealer. I was going to the Denver metro area so made an appointment @ Autonation in Centennial, CO.

After looking @ the vehicle they said, "yes, the mud is collecting in the wheel well, but there's nothing we can do about it, so you need to call Toyota.

So, I called Toyota, who after 5 min of deliberation while I was on hold, said, "mud is an outside problem not associated with the wheel design and the wheel is working as designed, so we can't do anything about it." When I asked if I was supposed to put the vehicle up on a rack every time I got mud in it, they said, "I suppose". The attached pictures are the inside of my wheel well after just ONE WEEK of having the wheel wells cleaned by a tire shop! The vehicle currently starts to shimmy @ 50mph

THIS is how Toyota "takes care" of their customers - but putting them @ risk of wrecking due to the entire OFF ROAD package of the truck shimmying like the wheels are going to fall off every time you drive it IN THE MUD.

I wasn't even OFF ROAD!!

I was driving on my county road to my HOME. I DO NOT RECOMMEND TOYOTA TRUCKS.

Preferred solution: The wheels exchanged for wheels that don't collect mud on the inside @ no cost to me.

User's recommendation: Do NOT trust that Toyota puts appropriate wheels on their "off road" vehicles - They do not and will not take responsibility for your safety after you drive off the lot.

Gwynn D

Verified Reviewer

I expected QUALITY, but that is not what i received.

Toyota - I expected QUALITY, but that is not what i received.
Toyota - I expected QUALITY, but that is not what i received. - Image 2
bought a tundra in dec 2022, darn thing has spent more time in the shop than on the road. coming up on 30 days straight in shop once again for hybrid and turbo issues... AGAIN. No comunication for the dealership and Toyota doesn't care either.. then of course there is this jewel, below. not sure if Toyota staff can't read or perhaps they fired their quality control staff??? Either way, I'm very unhappy!!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Cars are great i own a lexus daughter has a corola
Cons:
  • I bought a truck that i cant use because of all the issues

Preferred solution: truck fixed properly total refund or replace truck

User's recommendation: Do not buy a Toyota SUV OR TRUCK (3 recalls in less than a year)

Jesse M Sdi

Verified Reviewer

To try to resolve an issue I had with my brand new car and still unresolved

Toyota - To try to resolve an issue I had with my brand new car and still unresolved

2022 sienna sewer odor coming from the ac vents after six months of brand new purchase I replaced the air panel filter I deodorized and it worked for a while then the ac would not turn on after ignited the engine it tended to delay a while until recently started to make some clapping noise and at that point the ac would not turn on anymore until the clacking noise stopped the ac turns on automatically so I called Toyota care asking for help since I was 2000 miles after warranty expired thought may consider a loyal customer that since 2015 til now have purchased two Prius one Corolla one Highlander one Camry and a sienna they would consider me as a loyal customer so they said they would help with the repair but I had to bring it to the service where I bought it from I didnt wanted to do this because not knowing for sure they were gonna cover the expenses I didnt wanna be out of 249 dollars that they were asking for a diagnosis so did it anyway and they gave the biggest bologna of 5000 dollars on repairs, so of course they backed down on it not returning my calls and ignoring me for two weeks til I had it picked my van lost 249 for nothing because the diagnosis was intentionally high to screw the customer so I want this to get to Toyota ceo and Im reporting the dealer to BBB

Loss:
Pros:
  • Somewhat reliable
Cons:
  • Service manager

Preferred solution: My refund for the diagnostic and my car repair as a courtesy for the trouble

User's recommendation: Never go to any dealer service

adam p Lnn

Toyota review as a warning to any prospective customer about the manufacturing defect on Tacoma charcoal gray trucks

TACOMA BUYER BEWARE! Do not purchase the Toyota Tacoma in charcoal gray You will regret it, just like I am.

I did exactly that (bought a brand new Toyota Tacoma) and a few years later, the paint started fading at a drastic rate (see images below) and now Tayota says that their own faulty paint job will cost me $15,000 to fix. Their paint is a manufacturing error and to fix it, I must pay $15,000 for their manufacturing mistake - and if you buy this truck, you will too.

Full story: I bought a brand new Toyota Tacoma off the lot at a Toyota dealership in LA. This was the first year of the Tacoma brand new design. I specifically flew to LA to buy that exact truck color and then I drove it back to the bay area.

We have fairly mild weather here and I have 3 other cars in the family. So the truck and all the other cars are exposed to the exact same mild weather (it doesn't freeze here and the temperatures average in the 70s and low 80s).

After 2 years, the original manufacturers clear coat started to fade on the Tacoma and now, the paint is faded, splotchy, dull and milky white in sections. The entire roof has faded off. All lthe other cars are perfect.

Only the Tacoma is messed up. Obvioulsy the clearcoat was poorly applied or was defective.

When I went to ask Toyota fix this (clearly this is a manufacturing error), they refused and said that if they were to get it fixed, I would need to pay an additional $15,000 to repaint the hood, the roof and 2 other spots. 4 panels: $15,000 to repaint!

I wrote to the president of Toyota (Jack Hollis) who never answered me, but instead delegated the matter to a lady named Lyndzee (she refused to provide her last name). Toyota's answer to this matter: Toyota will do nothing to fix the problem and that I need to pay an additional $15,000 to have their faulty paint job fixed.

Im sure the other colors are fine.

But STAY AWAY FROM THE CHARCOAL GRAY! It WILL fade on your truck (see the images of my truck as proof) and TOYOTA will shirk any responsibility. So do yourself a favor and stay away from this color.

Im disgusted at their outright refusal to accept ownership and responsibility for whats clearly a defect. I have 4 cars in total.

The Tacoma is the only car that is messed up and it's the youngest of our vehicles. The paint on my new tacoma now looks like it's 30 years old!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Typically great engines
Cons:
  • Paint job on the charcoal gray is terrible
Lorena C Onp

Worst costumer sevice

Toyota - Worst costumer sevice
I had a car accident Dec 20 with 3 year old minor with disabilities My sensors, steering wheel and other stuff were not functioning. I almost lost my job due to pannick attacks that cause high blood pressure. My son hasn't been going to school due to not having a car which he needs to go due to he's disabilities. I have spend so much money on Lyft and ordering food. Also my CC cards are maxed up due not working as much due to pannick attacks due to the car accident.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't buy Toyota

Aimee O Fth

Toyota airbag saved me

I was on my way to work on December 14, I was stopped at a red light. The light turned green, I accelerated at a regular rate, the vehicle that was coming around.

The bend had his brights on, and I thought I was pulled further to the left side, so I veered off to the right, the berm of the road caught my tires, and I could not recover, I ran into the guard rail going no more than 25 mph. The last thing that I remember was seeing a mailbox to my right and thinking that I was going to hit it. I never saw the guardrail, that's how fast it happened. The next thing I heard was the car saying that we've detected you've been in an accident, are you okay, do you need an ambulance and police dispatched?

I still didn't realize that the guardrail was right next to my head. I think the vehicle behind me was the one that made a call to 911 was actually the one who said I think she's alive. After that, the Eaton EMT put me in the squad and took me to McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital where I had fantastic care.

To walk away from a car accident like this with major bruises and a few cuts on my legs, I just want to thank TOYOTA for all the safety features on my 2022 Toyota Corolla that made this possible. If I ever get to own a new vehicle, IT WILL ONLY BE A TOYOTA.

Im also starting my last year in college (at 53 years old) so my work hours will be cut from 40 hours a week to about 15 hours, if Im lucky.

Im going to school to be a surgical technician. I also help take care of my 81 year old dad who is recovering from a broken back because he fell backwards.

Im getting ready to go through a divorce and at the moment, Im driving his car so when we divorce, Im not real sure what Ill do.

If I ever own another new car, like I said, it will only be another Toyota. It will probably be a RAV4 because it sits up higher and makes me feel safer.

Thank you for all the work that goes into the safety features of any Toyota vehicle.

$20000
Cons:
  • I just do not have enough money to get me another toyota

Preferred solution: I just wanna say thank you for all the safety feature that you offer on Toyota vehicles

User's recommendation: Don’t settle for less, get a Toyota

Cherin H

Issues with a car I bought I bought for Toyota universe at 1485 Rt 46E in little falls nj - Image 2

I purchased a 2020 Toyota RAV4 on February 14 the same day when I left to go to work the car radio was acting up and the radio shut off. I made a complaint they told me to bring it back.

I took it back the next day around 12 PM, they said they were going to fix that issue. I did not receive the car back until 26 February after I received it on the 26th. The trunk would open sometimes and it would not open. I have pictures to show I reported it to the sales person.

He reported it to the manager they told me to come up there. I went up there the sales manager Just simply said that its nothing they could do. I would have to wait 30 days for the warranty to kick in before they can look at it a waste of my time that day. I left a few days later, the radio shuts off again I sent them a video and pictures and they said that I would have to bring it in now I call and ask am I going to get a loaner when I bring it in they said no we cant give you a loaner so I asked him how long is it gonna take to fix?

They said they dont know I feel like the manager just use sales manager or Orlando is very insensitive because I had not had that car for a day and it gave issues and when I first spoke to him on the phone he told me oh you already signed the papers.

The car is yours theres nothing we could do about it once you signed for it is yours we cant change it or anything But anyway Im hoping that something can be fixed because I have a Party rental business and right now its a very very inconvenience to me that I cant get my trunk open. Sometimes it should be working all the time Im paying $737.per month for this car that I have issues with the trunk and the radio thats unfair .

User's recommendation: Don’t shop there

James R Ryy

Bad customer service

Toyota - Bad customer service

Bought 2 brand new vehicles at Roseville Toyota 1/10/24... 1 being the BZ4X.

Been a month and FINALLY got the app and the car to work to charge the car. What an annoying hassle and run around. Nobody seems to have a clue or seem to care. Regretting this car now!!!

2nd is a Tundra and the app is still not working and back and forth to the dealership and phone calls with ZERO progress.

Apparently they allow anyone to access and take ownership of the vehicles media and even though I am the 1 and only owner I am locked out and have had to email proof of ownership just to try and get access to my own vehicle.

Hard to believe you drop over $100,000 and nobody gives a *** if the product works properly.

Don't buy Toyota!!! The sales and service teams are worthless once they take your money!!!

Cons:
  • Bad customer service help

User's recommendation: Don't buy Toyota

Yamel M Cht

Verified Reviewer

My car got stolen inside the parking structure

Toyota - My car got stolen inside the parking structure
Toyota - My car got stolen inside the parking structure - Image 2
Toyota - My car got stolen inside the parking structure - Image 3
Toyota - My car got stolen inside the parking structure - Image 4

I go in to ask for a car an hr later I walked out because I didnt like the deal , my car been parked inside the guest parking lot was stolen . I go back and try to get somebody to help me but the manager was there he thought it was funny and laughed and said come back tomorrow .

I was in distress I had my kids with me crying because we didnt know what was happening . I have a tracking device on my car I try to explain to them that my car was inside the lot that we needed to check the cameras . I called the cops and I get a notification that my car has been moved I run to the location inside the parking structure and we see a man that works for the Toyota dealership get out of my car . They moved my car to the 2 floor parked it by the newest cars .

I get a report from the police . I dont understand how they were able to move my car with out car keys and it had a stick so they wouldnt steal my car but eventually they were able to turn on my car . I tried calling to general manager yesterday to get some kind of explanation and they are careless and rude .

I want to press charges on the person that open my car and thought it was ok to move it around . No one has responded to me my kids had a very distressful time we deserve an explanation.

Preferred solution: Apology

Jesse M Sdi

| map-marker Norwalk, California

TTo try to resolve an issue I had with my brand new car and still unresolved

Toyota - TTo try to resolve an issue I had with my brand new car and still unresolved
At 62000 miles 2000 passed the warranty limits my ac on 2022 sienna starting to make a clicking noise customer care asked to bring it to service for diagnosis and see what they could help with after two weeks in the shop just for them to tell me that was on my own because the crooked dealer service quoted me for 5000 to repair the ac I want this to get to BBB and I will never buy a Toyota ever again

User's recommendation: Never go autonation Cerritos California for a service

Tony J Abi

Poor customer service

Poor custoSCAM ALERT ***

Really disappointed by the customer service at Nalley Stonecrest Lithonia Ga location. I booked a grand Highlander from this location on December 27th 2023.I saw the car I wanted there ,but that one doesnt have the bench seat.

The manager Kenneth told me a car with bench seat will come in 2 days, the only difference between the car there now and the one coming in 2 days is the seat. So I trust them that the one coming in 2 days also have moon roof. While I test drive I told the sales person Justin that, my 1 year old son will really enjoy this moon roof because it panoramic and goes all the way to the back. When I went to the location to pick up the car on the 29th they have the car there with bench seat.

But after all the sales procedure finish me and the sales person Justin realized this one doesnt have moon roof. I was really disappointed because I really wanted that for my son. I was ready to leave the car there and go back home.But Justin and another manger Oliver told me , I can take the car with me , they will find a car with moon roof from other location soon and replace it for me. I asked what you mean by replace ?

Oliver told me all I have to pay is the extra money for the moon roof. I agreed an left for there with the car. Then I dont hear anything back from them. Even when I text Justin I bearly hear anything back.

Then I contact Kenneth , he told me he will find a car for me. After 2 months finally they find a car. All this time I only used the car while I travel with my son. I kept it in garage most of the time to keep it safe and new.

When I reach here on February 27th to get the car, now everything changed.

They broke all the promise. They are saying my current car value went down by $5,000 . Now I have to pay $5,000 more to the car with moon roof.

I told them thats not what explained to me. One manager Micheal Trot dealt with me that day told me Oliver is not a manger, I shouldnt listen to what he said.

Basically they dont trust their employees there.

Micheal told me he will reach out to me Feb 28th before 12pm , after talk to the General manager , Richard Sanchez .

As usual he never call me back, so I reach him around 2pm and left message.

Later that day Kenneth called me with really nasty attitude and told me all they can do is give me $1,000 more. you can either take it or not. I told him thats not what explained to me, then he start yelling at me .

I called the location back and told the receptionist that I wanted to talk to Richard Sanchez the General manager. The lady told me he is currently busy , but she will pass the massage and have him call me back .

Its been almost 2 days since then And I still didnt get a call back from Richard.

I live in Lawrenceville and drove all the way to Lithonia because I really like the location when I bought a car from them in 2021.

This time they really broke my trust. Extremely poor customer service from ( Justin, Kenneth, Micheal and General manager Richard Sanchez).

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Please avoid Nalley stone crest Lithonia location.

Sherry G Szr

Rusted frame on Toyota Tacoma 2008

Rusted frame on Toyota Tacoma 2008
Bought this vehicle new. Love it planned on keeping for the rest of my life. Recall on rust. Took it in and had it serviced for this recall. It still has problems with rust on the frame. They had the vehicle for a day. Said they reunder coated it. Still has rusted to the point of where Im concerned about safety. This is a standard five speed of which use has been 99% on road use. Please answer as to how your company would proceed to make this right.
$12000
Cons:
  • Theyre hard to get in contact with at the service station

Preferred solution: Rust on vehicle frame fixed.

User's recommendation: Take note Toyota choose not to even read my email to see what my problem is with there product. How’s that for customer care and communication? Would you buy from a company like this? I have had several of their vehicles. I believe their neglect and plain ignoring this customer has just ended a long term customer relationship with them. Probably will park this vehicle on public display with a posted explanation so people can see for theirselves Toyota products and how they back and service their products.

Resolved
Kenneth K Ckp

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Failure at national level and at dealership

Toyota - Failure at national level and at dealership
Updated by user Apr 07, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Toyota finally provided the smart key that was promised 7 months earlier

Original review Mar 08, 2024
After waiting for a smart key for 7 months, Toyota notified me to go to my dealer. When I made an appointment, Priority Toyota told me that they had the key in stock. However, when I showed up for my appointment, they changed their story (they lied to me), apparently to get me into their service department for scheduled service. I want Toyota to give me the smart key that I was promised 7 months ago! The Toyota Customer Service phone line does not answer my call!
Pros:
  • Engineering
  • Quality products
Cons:
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: I want the smart key that should have come with my new car purchase 7 months ago.

User's recommendation: Do not buy a Toyota if the dealership doesn't have 2 keys to give you.

Lisa K Idh

Verified Reviewer

Complaint about a local dealer (in Israel)

I would like to report about an EXTREMELY BAD car repair service in Nazareth. Last week, we took my dad's car (CHR 2019) to Toyota's repair service in Nazareth to check the reason for car's overheating.

The car stayed there for checking for about 2 days then they informed us that we needed to change the Engine head. We went to the garage to speak to the garage manager (his name is Erven) and he clarified that it's not the engine head, but rather the "Engine head gasket kit", and the cost would be about 8000 NIS.Other than the price being exaggerated, I asked to clarify what is the reason for the overheating. He was not able to provide an answer! He said that he doesn't know, and he cannot tell, and said that maybe it's just wear (בלאי)!!Noting here that the car goes into an annual service only in that certified garage, and has travelled thus far about 40,000KM only, and mainly my father drives this car inside the city.

So I'm not sure what kind of "wear" such a "reliable" car should have!! and how on earth was he not able to identify the reason (!!!) for the overheating. I requested the Service manager (her name is Dalal) to give me a report of the check-up that was made in the garage (I paid 300 NIS for this check-up) and mainly I wanted to know what they checked and if what reasons for the overheating were eliminated, but she said she cannot give me such a report because they don't know what the reason is (!!!). All she could provide me with is the offer for changing the "Engine head gasket kit" (which again they referred to in the "official report", as "engine head" (using wrong terminology again).Unfortunately, I had to take the car out of the garage, and take it to another garage in Nazareth and they were able to identify the reason and they are working on fixing it.I'm writing this email while I'm extremely disappointed from the low level of professionalism I face in that garage in Nazareth.

This is giving a bad name for Toyota (wear after less than 40K KM !!) and a bad name for the car repair service level that Toyota offers.

This is very unfortunate and extremely disappointing. I almost got ripped off in that garage, and the attitude that the garage manager has is also very unprofessional: Not identifying the reason, not being able to explain what they checked, fixing what they claim to be a result of the overheating without fixing the reason for the overheating, overpricing!!!I wish this message can be passed to higher management and to global company.

User's recommendation: Before buying a car, look for an honest and professional dealership that can professionaly do a proper car repair service.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article