2.6K views

I purchased my car brand new in 2007. today is January of 2012.

I took my car in for a 4000.00 mile checkup. After completion I asked the technician how was my tires and he said they were fine. I then asked a second technician how was the tires and he said I needed 4 tires. He said i had lost a lot of threads.

he proceeded to tell me that the tires would cost me around about $800.00 dollars.

Then I asked whether I had a warranty on my tires. He then and not until then told me that I was in the tires for life . I had forgotten about that certificate. He then looked into the computer and told me that he would have to speak to the manager and get his approval.

He then after talking to the service manager told me that the manager said although I had regular oil changes and rotating of the tires I didn't have any alignments done and therefore he denied me that service.He also mentioned that money was taken from the cost of previous services to pay for this program.

so each time you came in for service to your car a part of that money went toward paying for your tires. This program is a Toyota scam.

Review about: Toyota Car.

Comments

They closed and still owed me a low jack install and leather seats. They sold me these upgrades with a Prius and then went out of business. I'm not sure what to do

Marina Del Rey, California, United States #1176870

Today 6.23.16

yes I also want to know about how we can start a class action suit. They said the VIP package was in my payment. This is so wrong that the new "toyota west coast" does not honor it.

Today is 6-11-2016

Hooman Toyota is no longer in business- its licensing has been bought out by "Garth automotive- Toyota west coast"

- does anyone know what we can do as consumers and members of the VIP to continue to get Hooman to honor the VIP tires, oil changes & car washes?

Will there be a class action lawsuit?

Hooman Toyota of Long Beach "tires for life" and "VIP privileges" are the BIGGEST blatant rip off ever. I wanted a 30,000 service and they wanted $250.

For $250 they change the engine oil, rotate tires, replace both cabin and engine air filters, and check some fluid levels. I changed the two filters in less than 10 minutes and spent $40 on parts. The oil change is free for life anyways as long as I own the car, so take that away and all that's left is a tire rotation to pay for. They will void the "tires for life" if you don't do absolutely EVERY maintenance they want you to do at their high prices.

I called the service rep today and said to him "then you are holding me to ransom." he said yes, that was correct but it is their "incentives." Basically, the overpricing of services pays for the tires. And you can forget the car washes too because they just run it through and don't wipe afterwards.

What a ***. Is this even legal?

El Segundo, California, United States #1068519

So what's new. This is HOOMAN Toyota in long beach.

Thanks for your money....see ya!

i am calling tomorrow to try to set up for tires on my 2013 corolla & I am sure they are going to try to get out of it because I didn't get unnecessary tire alignments. I have read my tires for life contract I signed & it doesn't say you have to have the alignments...just that they won't pay if the tires are damaged by out of alignments.

I am on my 3rd set of tires on my 2011 Toyota with 90K miles. I have had my tires checked often, along with alignments, balancing and rotation.

Cupping was determined on all 3 sets of tires around 20K miles. The first two sets were Firestone, the 3rd set was Michelin.

I have bought Toyota since 1990 and all of them were unsteady in the slightest bit of wind. I am ready to buy again because of the tire problem but it won't be another Toyota

Robert B

Los Angeles, California, United States #994771

I just experienced the same thing today! I was never disclosed the information by the salesperson. That's breach of contract and tricking you to buy the car under the pretense of free tires for life!

Perry Hall, Maryland, United States #961380

This would be a good item to send to the attorney general for action, my wife snd i have had with our toyota dealer

Long Beach, California, United States #786114

Same experience, bought my car in march of 2011, the tires for life program came into effect May 2011. For the past three years I have been told I qualified, and now that im due for tires, they have been giving me all excuses in the world as to why I don't qualify.

So each time they lied, I had proof that it was their mistake, the owner had the audacity to tell me that I never qualified from the beginning. So for three years I have been forced to get service, based on false pretense, When I then told him I had a letter from May of 2011 which said the tires for life program was in effect and if I didn't qualify why was this sent to me. He then said well it was a marketing campaign. They are all liars they are just following Hooman's lead, please don't bother buying your car here.

The worst experience I :( I've ever had. I think we need seek legal counsel to make Hooman honor their program and stop tricking their customers.

Similar experience. I purchased my Toyota in 2006 and completed the rotation and alignment as required, at the Toyota dealer.

At 36K, Toyota agreed to replace my tires. I was told to pay up front, and I would be reimbursed, minus taxes and mount/balance, in 6 to 8 weeks. It cost me $1200 up front- $958 for 4 tires, the remainder taxes, mount/balance/disposal. Today, I received a check for $800.

Called the dealer and was told there was an $800 cap. This was never told to me prior to today. Nor is the cap mentioned in he tires for life instructional letter that came with the owners manual. When I complained to the dealer, he told me mount and balance should have cost me $68 dollars.

I replied that I had the receipt and I was charged $80 for the mount and balance.

The manager stated he was sorry, but that was why Toyota no longer had the tires for life program. A phony program by Toyoya.

If you had read your free tires agreement, then you would have known that you needed the alignments done. You failed here. This is your fault.

to duh Kennewick, Washington, United States #659146

It isn't only alignments and rotations that you have to at Toyota, oil changes, filters, every service. So Duh, make sure you don't change the oil yourself or go to Jiffy Lube or wherever, because they won't honor the tire warranty if you do.

The warranty is free, or was for me, I was also never told there was cap. Toyota routinely denies the tire warranty for things as simple as oil filter changes.

Heaven forbid you buy nice rims from somewhere else, because that will also cause a violation. Just saying reading the warranty won't help if the Toyota Dealership, Capitol Toyota in Salem, OR, has a stick stuck up their ***.

to Me Salem, Oregon, United States #967964

As with any other free program, you have the responsibility to read and understand it. If you don't do your part, don't expect to get free tires.

Don't complain that you don't get free tires, when you screwed up, clear and simple. I have my car serviced at Capitol Toyota in Salem Oregon and I am on my 4th free set of tires. I save $800 every time, so I make sure I do my yearly alignment, and have my service done every 5,000 miles. You only have to do what's in your owners manual, that's what the certificate says.

I have got $3200 in tires and have spent maybe half that in repairs/maintenance there. It's awesome. I was in there last week waiting for my advisor when another customer was mad that they did not qualify for the tire program, she had not been to the dealer in 2 years!!

Take responsibility for your own actions!!!! The dealer does not pay for the tires, an insurance company does, you either qualify or not, no gray areas.

Is that 4000 miles 40,000 miles or 400,000 miles?