3.6K views

I purchased my 2009 Camry LE new.I have used a synthetic blend of Vavoline Oil from day one.

I have religiously changed the oil every 5,000 miles per the recommendation of Vavoline. Now at 60 thousand miles, I am burning through 4 quarts of oil in 5,000 miles. Something is wrong here. My last car was a 1997 Mercury Tracer with 230K mikes on it and it still didn't burn oil.

I don't see any smoke coming out of the exhaust, and the engine is dry as a bone, so it's not leaking.Is anyone else having problems with their 2009 Camry's burning oil?

Had an Experience with Toyota?

Comments

I have a 2009 Toyota that is burning oil... Engine not leaking, no black smoke, no oil on ground.

I was told that there is a silent recall....

Long Beach, California, United States #1333833

I have a 2009 Camry also.Just over 60k miles.

Same problem burning oil. So dissapionted with Toyota.

Thought I bought quality.What a piece of junk.

Toyota camry is burning oil 3 quart every 3000 miles.

Toyota does not honor it.that is a piece of *** that Toyota put out.

it used to be good.not now

bring to Toyota dealer bec 2009 oil pump has problem, they should change new one for you free. I have the same problem

to Anonymous #1383666

Is the issue the oil pump?

I bought mine and it is over 150k .

R they gina change it for me?

Port Arthur, Texas, United States #952849

I have was told that my 2008 Toyota Camry this burning oil. I've had my oil changed every 5000 miles as recommended at the dealership since purchasing it in 2008. What should I do now?

Hollywood, Florida, United States #877027

Same problem 2010 Camry burning oil like crazy. Toyota has lied to all of us these cars are LEMONS

New Hampshire, United States #868742

My 09 Camry runs great.It burns a quart every 1600 miles or so.

not enough for Toyota to take care of it.

They will fix it if it burns a quart every 1200 miles. I notice that when my Camry is brought in for an oil change

that they overfill it by almost a quart which would make it impossible to prove that it burns a quart in 1200 mi. after an oil change.

I would like to know if other 09 Camrys gets oil filled way over the full mark ? This is the second oil change

that this happened.

The service manager couldn't understand it because they fill it with a measured amount

and the mechanic said that he understood and put a little mark on the dipstick. Quite quaint !!! The mark and oil change level is about a quart over the full mark for the last two oil changes.

I love the Camry and it is my 4th new Camry but can I trust Toyota ?I am hearing a lot of good things about Suburu.

Meridian, Mississippi, United States #855611

i have 2009 toyota camry se they told me i need a new motor

Round Lake, Illinois, United States #850279

Very poor car with too many problems. I got Toyota Rav4 2008 not more than 35k The water pump is not good, very noisy and too many recalls.