I boufht 2009 Camry new, I have all the oil change receipts, I take care of my cars.I took it to the dealer today because of a rattling noise, (car has 80,759 miles).

the service advisor says I need a new engine! There's no compression in the cylinders, yet it drives ok. Said "rattle was from lack of oil in engine." Yet car isn't due for oil change till 82,000 miles. I called Toyota 800-331-4331 & was told that the warranty is up at 60,000 miles.

Well this could've started at 59,999 miles only it was diagnosted today at 80,759 miles. There was no indication that anything was wrong, no black smoke, no oil on pavement, nothing. No sign of problem or warning. No indication that engine was failing.

I also have all the receipts that I changed the oil on time & within the mileage.

Why was there no indication of a problem with the engine/oil, yet the warning for tire pressure comes on, when air is low in tires, but nothing for oil in engine?

No more Toyotas for me EVER.

They want $6000 for a new engine, car isn't even worth $8000.They are INSANE if they think I'll pay for a new engine.

Review about: Toyota Car.

Had an Experience with Toyota?

Comments

Jersey City, New Jersey, United States #673312

I also have the same problem. Its toyota camry 2004 with 78k milage.